Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acer Aspire v3-551g x419 Graphics Drivers (Code 43).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdavidlol

Technical User
Apr 4, 2016
US
So today I worked on my laptop, I opened it up because the USB 3.0 ports got disconnected somehow. I fixed that, put it back together, and upon booting it up my graphics drivers are no longer functioning. The computer recognizes them, but they are in a perpetual cycle of error code 43. This laptop comes with an AMD APU with Radeon graphics. The specific combo is Radeon 7600m+7660g. The error says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems." on both graphics drivers, which are for some reason separte entities on the device manager.. which they never used to be.

I have tried the following and still get the error.
-100% clean uninstall(registry and folders included) of the drivers, and reinstall of drivers from both ATI and the Laptop manufacturer.
-Took apart laptop again to assure I havent accidentally unplugged something..I am 100% sure I have not.
-Restored PC to 2 days prior to event
-Enough fidgeting with device manager to throw up.

I have never had an issue like this. I am really good at solving driver related issues but I am truly stumped. Ive spent 8 hours trying to get it to work, since I need the video functional for class this Friday. If anyone has any clue as to what is going on, please help.

Again, the laptop is Acer Aspire v3-551g x419.

DxDiag attatched.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8d61d0cd-7bdb-4b44-992b-667a750b1ca4&file=DxDiag.txt
So........... you opened up the laptop AND DID WHAT exactly to fix the USB problem?
You probably broke the video card physically somehow or a connection to it on the motherboard!!

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

AMD APU has internal graphics chip and cpu in the same package. Not a video card. So did you remove the APU from the socket? heatsink fan to clean it while you had it apart? did you not get the fan plugged all the way back in? Even if the LCD cable to motherboard looks ok, check it for small tears and reseat the cable in socket.

@goombawho the cable somehow got loose..I didnt break anything...also to insert that usb cable you dont even need to go anywhere near the APU, its on the opposite side of the motherboard. I didnt remove the APU, or the headsink/fan. I guess ill have to check the LCD cable. Thanks

Not sure if you ever found a solution, but the first thing I would try is to undo the change you made initially, which was to reconnect the USB 3.0 ports. If you disconnect them and Code 43 goes away, then there is likely a power issue, bad connection or short at the USB connector, or there is some other wacky issue related to the motherboard causing the problem. You can also try to update the BIOS to the latest revision just in case it makes a difference (though I doubt it). Last resort before replacing the mobo would also be to put a blank storage drive into the system and load Windows from scratch. This would at least verify with 100% certainty that the problem is hardware or software related.

[tab](And by the way, if you weren't extra careful before with grounding yourself, make sure you are from now on. It's
[tab]quite possible a slight static discharge damaged an internal component. You don't have to feel the discharge for it to happen.
)

My 2¢

-Carl
"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."

[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back