Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acer Aspire touch pad removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

xit

Technical User
May 29, 2004
US
Thanks in advance. I have searched for details on how to remove the touch pad from an Acer Aspire 9410-4317 lap top with no luck. I am unable to proceed with repairs until I am certain about the removal operation. I thought an expert here might direct me in the right direction.

thanks
xit

Remove or just disable?

removal is a full on mod for the laptop. Disable should just be a matter of disabling the touchpad software. If you go to the Mouse properties you should be able to disable it there.

cckens

"Not always my best shot, but I hit the target now and then"
-me

i guess he wants to remove since he wants to repair it. Whats wrong with it that you need to remove the touchpad?

Prolly needs to get at something underneath it. That I understand... and I misread original post.

Try:

This was on a search for Acer Aspire repair manual

cckens

"Not always my best shot, but I hit the target now and then"
-me

The reason for removal is to replace a broken power jack and this is the last component keeping me from removing the entire top to gain access to the motherboard. I am not so up on Acer brand and do not want to do any damage, so far it has been rather commom going.

Thanks

xit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back