Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acer Aspire L100 OnBoard not working (code 10)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

basepointdesignz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
GB
Hi,

Have one of those Acer Aspire L100 micro pc things, which is all well and good - was meant to be Vista on it, but after formatting it as it went weird, i had to put XP on it..

Once sorted, it all workd fine but i can't get the onboard sound to work. Downloaded what i thought was ok drivers (from acer) but couldn't find the XP ones for my pc as its only showing vista as the os, so downloaded the ones for the next model up which was for xp and thought that these would do it.

They installed ok but in the Sounds bit in the ocntrol panel, it shows 'No Audio Device' and in the properties in the device manager its saying 'This Device Could Not Start (Code 10)..

I checked about online for solutions but can't really find anything that will help or has helped, so anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Paul
basepointdesignzltd..
XP Pro..
Pentium Core 2 Q6600 Quad Core
ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard
4GB DDR2 RAM
2 x SLI NVIDIA 8500GT SLi 1024MB DDR2 PCI-Express Graphics Cards

You may have to dig about on the motherboard and try to identify the sound chip. Then go to the sound chip manufacturer's website and see what he's got for XP relating to the code number marked on the chip...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

I have the same problem with basepointdesignz
In my case is a Gateway MT6821
Code error 10 for audio driver.

I google it over the all internet ... and nothing good ...

Michael

Hello Guys,

I run into the same problem yesterday and I did the following:
1. Install Microsoft universal audio architecture bus driver. I found it on an HP download site:

2. Download latest Realtek HD audio driver from here:
or directly from their ftp server:
ftp://61.56.69.18/pc/audio/WDM_R210.exe

Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back