Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acer Altos EasyStore - Enable SSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinsloan

Technical User
Mar 16, 2009
GB
I have just had a problem that I could not solve with the web interfaces of the Acer Altos EasyStore NAS.

After much fruitless searching I found out that it is essentially the same device as the Intel SS4000E and the Lanner NS04-4110. These are based on FalconStor IPStor Disk. This works on my firmware version: fs-ns04 - 1.4-b813.

The SSH console can be enabled by logging on to the web management interface and then typing the following address:

This provides a simple "Turn On/Off SSH" option. Once turned on SSH is enabled until restart. SSH can be accessed with a SSH client such as PuTTY. The logon username is "root" and the password is the same as the "admin" password for web management.

This provides you with a Linux BASH prompt from which most popular commands are available to debug or customise your NAS.

I hope this information might save some others hours banging heads against brick walls!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back