Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acer AL1916W LCD MONITOR "INPUT NOT SUPPORTED"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2007
GB
I have just bought an acer AL1916W lcd monitor and everytime I go to play a game I get the message input not supported floating around my screen. I have an nvidia geforce 6200le graphics card and can't figure out what I need to do to get this sorted. any help would be great.

What game/s does this happen with? I would imagine that you need to change a setting within the game to change the resolution that the game uses. Some games have a seperate configuration program that you can run to do this.

Yes, the lcd monitors have rather tight specs requirements. If they're not met, just nothing displays. The games may try to run at either a too high resolution, or at vertical sync frequencies that the LCD does not support. As kestrel1 says, most games can have their resolution set somewhere in the setup parameters. Try to set the game at its lowest setting, then move it up.

just setting up PC with old XP changed the setting for monitor, as grafics were extra lagge and didn't fit and now have floating input not supported, how do i get my monitor back ????

Kinnz: trying going into safe mode & see if you can make changes in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back