Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACE_TAO 5.8.0 building in Solaris 5.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

anishm

Programmer
Oct 28, 2010
US
Hi,

I am tying to build the ACE_TAO5.8.0 in Solaris 5.8 (SPARC).
I am using the configure script and then the make.
../configure --enable is executing sucessfully and it is show the message the configuration is useful.

But the make fails after some time .
Following is the error i got:
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libACE_Monitor_Control.la" && ln -s "../libACE_Monitor_Control.la" "libACE_Monitor_Control.la" )
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/anishm/ThirdParty/TAO/ACE_wrappers/build/ace/Monitor_Control'
Making all in SSL
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/anishm/ThirdParty/TAO/ACE_wrappers/build/ace/SSL'
/bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../.. -I../.. -DACE_SSL_BUILD_DLL -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -I/usr/openwin/include -g -O2 -pthreads -pipe -MT libACE_SSL_la-SSL_Asynch_BIO.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libACE_SSL_la-SSL_Asynch_BIO.Tpo -c -o libACE_SSL_la-SSL_Asynch_BIO.lo `test -f 'SSL_Asynch_BIO.cpp' || echo '../../../ace/SSL/'`SSL_Asynch_BIO.cpp
libtool: compile: g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../.. -I../.. -DACE_SSL_BUILD_DLL -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -I/usr/openwin/include -g -O2 -pthreads -pipe -MT libACE_SSL_la-SSL_Asynch_BIO.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libACE_SSL_la-SSL_Asynch_BIO.Tpo -c ../../../ace/SSL/SSL_Asynch_BIO.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libACE_SSL_la-SSL_Asynch_BIo_O
In file included from ../../../ace/SSL/SSL_Asynch_BIO.cpp:3:
../../../ace/SSL/SSL_Asynch_BIO.h:29:25: openssl/bio.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [libACE_SSL_la-SSL_Asynch_BIO.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/anishm/ThirdParty/TAO/ACE_wrappers/build/ace/SSL'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/anishm/ThirdParty/TAO/ACE_wrappers/build/ace'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/anishm/ThirdParty/TAO/ACE_wrappers/build/ace'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

My GCC version is 2.95
Is it causing the problem.
I would appariciate if some teks can help me out of tis issue

I have not got the solution...But I tried an alternative to this problem which will help me out of the pit..

It is ../configure --enable-ssl=no

But I wish some one cahn share the problems faced while installing ACE+TAO in Solaris 5.8

Also I would like to get some idea of Cross compilation of ACE+TAO from Solaris 5.8 to MontavistaLinux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back