Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACDN versus Phantom 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomiga1

Technical User
Apr 30, 2010
US
Hello, could someone explain the difference between ACDN and Phantom? I know how to build each but never learned the purpose of either.
I've had to change some ACDNs to Phantoms or vice-versa after they quit functioning properly in their original states.

Thank you for any guidance!

if you mean with respect to forwarding calls then either can be used with some differences.

A phantom set is just a virtual set with no physical presence that forwards calls on to its DCFW destination.

An ACDN is a pilot DN for an ACD group used for Automatic Call Distribution, allocating calls to the agents that are members of that group. If all the agents are all logged out or there are no agents the group is in night service and the NCFW is followed. So an ACD with no agents would always forward to the NCFW destination making it function a bit like a Phantom.

The Phantom is still a phone so will be subject to call barring by NCOS, TGAR, etc. so can have route access controlled in the same way as a normal user.

For me, the benefit in using a Phantom DN is that you can change the forwarding destination via the remote call forward FFC feature (RCFA) from an extension phone by using the Phantom's SCPW etc.

This is very useful when regular changes are required such as changing a weekly on call rota for an out of hours department etc.

When using this, make sure that you have CLS SFA and FNA as well as CFXA set.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Thank you.....I've only ever used both as a way to forward calls, never inclusive of an agent group.
Now are ACDNs at all related to Service Directory Numbers from Call Pilot? I've seen overlap there.

No an SDN is just a number that is forwarded to callpilot and instead of tying it to a mailbox you are tying it to an application or one of the callpilot services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back