Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

tausloos

Technical User
Jan 8, 2008
US
I need to set up an ACD for M3904 phones. Wold anyone have instructions on how to do this?

Thanks for you help

Tina

There are a lot of ways to set up an ACD - I mean 1000's - depending on what you want. Can you give us an idea of exactly what you want to do with the ACD, how many phones, overflow or interflow to vmail if no answer/after hours etc. Someone out here may have the exact thing you are trying to do and be able to post it or at least point you in the right direction.

3 ext. 3 phones, When someone calls they want it to ring at one ext the primary and if it is busy to ring to the next the secondary and the next. When all 3 are busy to have an option to stay on hold for the next available rep or go to voice mail. Something like (all available agents are currently on the line would you like to remain on the line or press 1 to leave a message.) when 1 line becomes available it will ring that line. Nothing fancy just an option to stay on hold or leave a message.

I would be tempted to use a round robbin hunt group.

Also you might want to try an MCR key, from what you are describing, ACD will probably not fit.
With an MCR key it will ring on all 3 phones at once. When the first person picks up, the other two phones are freed up to accept another call on the same number, and so on. It is set up the same as a standard ext except enter MCR instead of SCR. This can also be forwarded (FDN and HUNT) to its own mailbox with a password that all the people know so anyone can pick up the messages. If you don't want it to go to vmail you can set up a dummy phone for the MCR with no forwarding, this will cause it to ring forever, if thats what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back