Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Ringing Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

madevereaux

Technical User
Dec 3, 2004
US
If an ACD call has started ringing on an agents phone and the agent presses the AUX button and doesn't answer the call, what happens to the caller?

I beleive whatever step in the vector after the queue-to step is executed will occur. You should then see it in a CMS report as an out-flow call.

S8700 & S8710 v12/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VOIP/Programming
==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

So, the ringing call will go back into queue? Do anything need to be programmed in the hunt group to tell the ringing call where to go? (we do not have EAS)

Have you tested this? I know when an agent is ACTIVE on a call, their status change does not take effect until the end of the call.

That said I would imagine the call would be a RONA, not continue in it's existing vector. I'll test this out if I get a minute...

do a change hunt-group x and chack page 2 for the RONA field. Setting RONA to x seconds will cause the call to be queued again in the queue it came from after x seconds of ringing on the agent's station. It will be queued with priority high (NO VECTOR PROCESSING AFTER THIS!). The agent will automatically put in AUX RC 0 so it won't happen again. You can also set a RONA VDN for better eporting on missed calls and to offer the caller new vector options.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back