Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD problem - line keeps ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTPhoneguy

Technical User
Nov 25, 2005
CA
I have the following queue (6401) setup with just 2 agents logged in. 6400 is the DID as a ACD with a MAXP 1, NCFW to 6401. If an agent is available it rings through to their phone. If one of the agents is on a call and the other agent is in not ready mode, the phone just keeps ringing. It does go to a voicemail box 5442 (MAXP 1 ACD, NCFW to 6600) after hours when no agents are logged in.

My question is why is it not playing the first and second Ran route messages?
Also why is it continuing to ring? I haven't worked on queues in bit and can't remember if it continues to ring until an agent answers.

The business wants the queued calls to go to a mailbox which gives the caller the option to continue to hold (press 1 - sends the call back to 6400) or transfer to a mailbox (press 2). I have setup the queue with OVDN 5997 which points to voicemail.

System Option 61C 25.4
Voicemail Octel 250
Voicemail line 6600

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 6401
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 10
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT 47
FRT 20
SRRT 47
SRT 60
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 5442
FNCF NO
FORC YES
FCFT 2
SPCP YES
OBTN NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT 30
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN 5997
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT 40
RTPC NO
STIO
TSFT 20
HOML YES
RDNA NO
DAL NO
RPRT NO
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO
CWNT NONE

if an agt is nrd, that is not the same as logged out, to follow a ncfw, you have to be logged out, for part of you problem, don't know about the RANs, timmers seem a little high, but should still play.

if you dial the acod of the ran routes what do you get?
ovdn 5997, is that another acd q, calls won't overflow to a close q, q must be active

If I dial either of the ACOD of the ran routes it gives a fast busy. I am not at the site of the pbx but we have tie lines between the 2 locations for 4 digit dialing.

5997 is another queue. It is a MAXP 1 queue NCFW to voicemail which is where the callers menu resides. I did this since I read that calls can't overflow to a closed queue.

Could I have 6401 overflow directly to voicemail instead of pointing to another MAXP 1 queue?

a maxp 1 q is a closed q

make sure the targ/tgar between the set you're dialing from doesn't match the ran route or you will get a fast busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back