Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Message Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsfranco33

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2007
US
We recently implamented an ACD at our Help Desk. It works greate. However, we are having an issue with the message waiting indication on telephone sets where dn's appear on multiple phones. If I remove the appearance from other phones the message waiting indicator will work on the marped set. As soon as a place that dn on another set the mwi stops working. Any suggustions other than using a xmwk key?

alternative will show ACD calls waiting;
KEY DWC 'acd Q'

Only this key has to be pressed regularly to update status.

Utreg what does a DWC key have to do with message waiting? Or did I miss something?

MWI only works on a unique DN, so when you have multiple appearances it doesnt work.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Agree with Johnthephoneguy. Place an SCN key of a unique number on the ACD set somewhere out of the way and in the mailbox, make that number be the MWI DN.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

have you tried cls lmpx? that lights the lamp for non pdn's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

MWI only works on a unique DN, so when you have multiple appearances it doesnt work."

Gotta argue this one.....

I have a 3904 with KBA. On my set, I have set up an ACD that I am using for testing, so key 0 = posID. My extension is on key 3, and I have an XMWK for my extension on key 4.

On the KBA, I have an MCR of one of the other techs here (Key 32). Now, on my set, on key 11, I have a XMWK for the MCR (that means I have 2 x xmwk set up on my 3904). Both the set based MWI (the other techs set) and the XMWK on my set will indicate (so 2 x indications). I have not tried more that 2 xmwk's.

There are caveats:

1:Have found, and that the xmwk only works from key 1 = 11 (on the 3904).

2: You cant use a phantom (obviously) so you do need something "physical" for another extension appearing on the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back