Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Log out by itself. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sienz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
Hi, we have some ACD group at the office. It has 5 agents on it. One of the agent said that her phone is loged out by itself few time. Is there a timer or someting like that at the programming that trigger her phone to log out?

Thanks

IF THEY REMOVE THE HEADSET,HANDSET OR IF THEY GO ON HOOK WITHOUT USING THE MSB KEY IT CAN LOG THEM OUT IF HOML IS SET TO YES IN THE ACDN.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

another possible case. you can auto logout that miss an acd call, that prompt stops walkaways, returning the call to cue and logging out the agent.. what do the stats show? i would do and entc on the set and watch it for a day or 2, just copy that tty to a file. if it's just one set and homl is no, i would need to see it before i tried to fix it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi, Thanks for the response.

HOML is no and it is just one agent.
I think she does not do anything and suddenly the phone is log out, since this is a sales queue, she does not want to miss one.

I had the same issue 2 days ago. I simply disu in LD 32 and then enlu'ed it. I also de-acquired it in Symposium and then re-aqcquired it. Cured!

Hope that helps.

CraigUK

The most common cause of this, in my experience, is a faulty headset or turret, particularly when the quick release has got worn on the headset. I would try replacing both the top and bottom parts of the headset, or the handset cord. If this fails try replacing the turret.

sounds like you're using a 3905 with handset. If you are, its a known issue. Take the handset and plug it into the headset jack on the back of the phone...do not use the supervisory port on the set unless you have something else plugged into 1 of the other 2 jack

the bad handset should not cause log out, with homl =to no. i would replace the phone. in a sales group the agent is not logging out so she can miss money. if you don't have symposium the problem is either the set (90%) or the port (10%). not a prompt that can be used to log out a single agent and not effect the rest..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

its not that the handset is bad, its because of how the 3905 is built...nortel release a bulletin detailing the problem. If you're using a handset with a 3905 phone, the handset must be plugged into the headset jack...this goes for phase 1 and 2 phones...

Note: Phase 1 and 2, not release 1 and 2...there is a difference between phase and release level. More info can be obtain on Nortel website...search for 3905 bulletin

i have that bulletin but assumed that the one set is a copy of the others in the group.. good catch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Solution ID: NORT102390 Product Family: Enterprise Voice Create Date: 09/18/2002

Title:
Sets logging out by themselves intermittently.

Facts:
Meridian

Meridian 1

Meridian 1 - Core

Core

M3905

PSDL

Symptoms:
Sets logging out by themselves intermittently.

M3905 will log out on its own.

M3905 sets are locking up.

M3905 set will lockup during call.

Changes:
Updated to PSDL Phase 3.

Cause:
The headset or handset must always be plugged into the headset port.

Fix:

This is the design intent. If only using a handset, plug into headset port. If a user has both a headset and an optional handset installed on an M3905, disconnecting the headset will drop active calls on the handset regardless if HOML is set to NO. In this configuration a headset must always be in place to use the handset. To log out of an ACD queue and take calls on the handset, the Make Busy fixed key should be used rather than disconnecting the headset.

Thank you guys.

I probably need to replace the phone. she is using M3904.

I had an issue the other day that was reported the same. 3904 with headset. turns out she was just missing the buzz tone. I enabled FITA and RNGI and magically she did not have problem anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back