Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD keys? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deweyhumbolt

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
US
I'm using the Shoreware Director to install 8 230i IP telephones in a queue. Under Customize IP telephone buttons, I don't see any normal ACD keys, one would use. For instance: Log In, DWC (Display Waiting Queue), Not Ready, Make Busy, Account Codes. How/Where can I add these types of keys?

Adversity is Opportunity

I'm an MVP on the Nortel BCM and Norstar threads. We usually get people some kind of an answer in an hour. It's been 4 days, and no one knows the answer to this question?

I've built the telephones as Workgroup Agents and still no ACD choices. Earlier I was told the 230 would be capable of ACD use. With just 3 buttons, how does an Agent Login, Make Busy their set or check for calls in queue?

Thanks.

Adversity is Opportunity

First, you will need to make sure that the client type for each ACD extension is assigned a Workgroup Agent license.

The buttons you are asking about are assigned as follows:

Logout = Agent Logout in ShoreTel
After Call Work - Agent Wrap-Up in ShoreTel

These buttons can be assigned either to spare buttons on the agent's telset or can be accessed via Workgroup Agent Call Manager.
The Queue Monitor that is accessable from the Agent Call Manager will show calls in queue.

Once I built a Workgroup, and logged in through Workgroup under Individual User, I got Wrap Up on a softkey. But, what is Workgroup Agent License? I installed Call Manager. Is there a different Agent Call Manager?

Is there documentation on the Shoretel box, like a BCM in the Nortel world?

Thanks OldPhoneGuy!

Adversity is Opportunity

In Shoreware Director under Administration > Users > Individual Users the Client Type (near the bottom of the General page) needs to be changed to Workgroup Agent. This will change the agent's call manager from Personal Call Manager to Agent Call Manager. A licence is required from ShoreTel for Agent Call Manager. If you don't currently have a licence you can assign Agent Call Manager and you have 45 days to get one from ShoreTel before they lock you out of administration.

As far as documentation is concerned, you can download it from ShoreTel's website. The only gotcha is that you need a login and password from ShoreTel to access it.

I had already made them Workgroup Agents. I figured out that I needed to login using the Options key, then I got Wrap up, which I guess is the same as Not Ready or Make Busy.

I also installed Call Manager, but don't see how to use it to Login. I need to wait for the staff to sign off on the refresher greetings and script. So, I'll probably be asking for advice in a week.

Thanks OldPhoneGuy!

Adversity is Opportunity

If you have assigned Workgroup Agent to the extension and placed the extension into a work group you should see login status at the bottom of thr agent's call manager. Click on the Logged Out icon to login or view the queue monitor.

Deweyhumbolt,

All of the documentation for the ShoreTel System is on the Shoreware Director. After logging in, on the left hand side of the screen, scroll down to the bottom to access the documentation. It's very detailed.

Also, you can select "Help" in the upper right hand corner of the screen and it will bring up the Documentation for the page you are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.