Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Group Ring All Phones Simultaneously 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyKelleher

Programmer
Feb 19, 2002
US
Is this possible, I do not want to change all the programming and use hunt groups or line apearance keys. This is also part of 3 ACD groups where the first (The one they want all phones ringing) flows to the second and then the third. I don't think they want the second or third to ring all the phones at once and I need to find that out. Also these ACD groups are reported on with Prarie Fyre

Thanks in advance

No. Making all phones in a group ring simultaneously goes against the basic concepts of what ACD is intended to do in the first place.

agree entirely with lundah, not what ACD is designed for. Ring Groups will be your best bet

Totally Agree. ACD is Longest Idle agent and that's that. It would be nice if there was more options in ACD as it hasn't been updates since year dot. Found out the other day that you cannot use mobile extn with an ACD Agent. How poor is that!!

TheInstaller,

You can if it's a Hot Desk ACD Agent i would have thought as HOt Desking is supported.

There has been a few changes, like full resiliency etc, and there's more coming but it's still one of the best value for money ACD system i've seen

The best way to do it and still get PF to report it in the ACD reports is to use multicall line appearances and have the ACD path point to that line appearance. We do this for our highest priority queues.

If you want to return it to another agent group on RONA then you would have to build a second path and make it the answer point in Call Rerouting.

lmb2
When you say have the ACD path point to the line appearance do you mean send the inbound ACD calls to that line appearance number instead of an ACD path? I don't see where an ACD path can use a number unless it is an Agent group.

Would I use a dummy agent group with no members and set the path unavailable to the multiline apearance?

I am a little stuck on this point.

Thanks in advance

I think what lmb2 is doing is just using the ACD PAth for PEG Counts in the reporting. The call routes thru the path and interflows to the key. Useless as far as playing recordings or overflow or any intelligent routing.

An Agent cannot be a multiline key nor can you have a Multiline of an Agent.

I can usually get a Mitel to do things it's not designed to do but I wouldn't even try to accomplish what you want using ACD. Sounds like your customer is trying to use the phone system to overcome their staffing issues. Good Luck.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Depending on how you want the call handled you can achieve your goal in a couple of different ways:

1. Set up your ACD path to queue to the current agent group; enable Interflow; set Interflow Time Out to 3 seconds, this allows time for ACD record creation for PF reporting (allow 10 seconds if you use Real-Time events = enabled). Then interflow to the Multicall line appearances on the phone. In PF reporting this will show up as an interflowed call.

NOTE: In our environment: We play a generic announcement immediately upon entering the queue, this allows you to give the caller hold music after the announcement so they never hear the ring when it interflows. Otherwise the caller hears ringing all the way through to the second path, if not answered on the Multicall line. If you play a RAD increase the Interflow Timeout to the length of the RAD plus 1 second, this allows the RAD to play in its entirety. This method will also allow the call to queue to the agent group with the possibility of actually getting answered out of queue.

Another Note: For this particular queue…Interflowed = handled…only because we ring the Multicall appearance until answered. To accomplish this we have call rerouting setup to route back to the same Multicall appearance extension…ring loop.

1a. If you do not want to ring the Multicall line appearance until answered set call rerouting to route to a second path that will queue the caller to the other 2 agent groups. The main drawback to this method is that the call will be counted as an ACD call in each path. If the call rings out to a Multicall line it will be considered Interflowed in the first path…if then it is not answered and you send it to another path via call rerouting it will be considered a new call into that path.

2. Alternate Setup
Create a dummy agent group and a dummy agent (you cannot have an empty agent group, hence the dummy agent). Set the "Queue Callers To Group When No Local Agents Are Logged In" to YES.

Setup the original path the same as above…the main difference there is no possibility of the call getting answered out of queue. Interflowed out can still mean it was answered on the Multicall line appearance or…that it was rerouted to the second path (with the other to agent groups).

The idea behind the routing we use for our highest priority queues is to get the call answered - even if the agent is on another call. Agents can only have one ACD line appearance, if all agents are on calls, the high priority call would not get answered until an agent became available. We have two queues that require immediate attention, this gives those customers, willing to pay for it, the immediate attention they want.

It increments the counters so we know how many of those calls were received.

Since the calls ring contstantly until answered we also know that the call gets answered.

Also...since these are customers who expect their call to be answered...if it isn't they don't have a problem letting the call center manager know about it.

Thanks lmb2, I think we may give this a whirl as it requires minimal changes to the ACD queues in place and still gives us the reporting we need.

Glad I could help. Thank you for the star! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back