Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD forward to voicemail after a few rings. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

konai

Technical User
Jan 23, 2012
US
Hello I have a situation where I need to have an ACD forward to voicemail after a few rings. It needs to forward no matter what state any of the sets attached to it are in. Can anyone advise a way of doing this?

This request has changed in light of information I have learned. Currently I have an ACD that will have a menu with two options:
1 enter an ACD queue to wait for the next available team member and option
2 leave a message

I need to know how to set up a number so that when dialed it will just go straight to voicemail (preferred not using one of our tn's)
Can a phantom number do this? I'm not sure what options are available outside of just setting up a phone and forwarding it to voicemail.

Phantom 500 or dummmy ACD. I always use dummy ACD but others on here prefer phantom 500.

I understand how to setup a dummy acd, but how do you actually setup a phantom 500? We have some here I just don't know the procedure.

Assuming the Phantom Superloop is already built, you build it like a normal 500 port but use Direct Call Forwarding.

Example:

DES Phntm
TN 240 0 00 02 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
ERL 00000
WRLS NO
DN 254357 0 MARP
CPND
NAME
XPLN 18