Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD-DN already exists whem programming i2050 softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

EileenF

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2009
US
So far, I've been able to program 2 non-ACD i2050 softphones with users same DN. However I just tried to programming for an ACD agent (using CCM6) and received this error: "SCH0718 ACD-ID (DN) already exists". Do i2050's require unique DNs for ACD agents? Thank you in advance. I'm frustrated trying to understand Nortel/Avaya's technical manuals.

Thanks Buddy. We thought i2050's on agent desktops would allow them to VPN in from home to answer ACD calls on weekends and during inclement weather. I can't see how this would work if they must have unique DNs because their current POS ID's are defined in Call Center Manager. I suppose this means we have to shell out $$$ for more agent licenses. I'll have to talk to our service provider - this is beyond my comprehension. Frustration level is now on 11.

You can set up the ACD phone with any agent ID and still have the agents log in with their personal login for reporting purposes etc. They do not have to be logged in with the agent ID specific to that phone.
In call center, the licenses are concurrent licenses I believe, based on the amount of users logged in, not specific phones logged in.
You still have ACD licenses in the PBX, so if you are hitting that limit, you will still need to talk to your provider.

Thanks trvlr1. Our vendor is on site today to work with me on a different issue and he's been explaining just what you've written. So thanks to you and Buddy. My question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back