Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD call rings 2 agents simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayastrongman79

Technical User
Mar 29, 2008
US
Hey all...

I have a customer where an ACD call comes in and will ring 2 agent phones simultaneously. It has happened 4-5 times.

System type is s8730 (duplicated), CM4. Exact load is R014x.00.4.739.0. Call comes in on VDN 6xxxx, caller selects option out of main vector. Routes to second vector and then to skill group, then it rings 2 available agent phones simultaneously, it has done it 4-5 times. I don't have caller id info, but could probably obtain if needed.

Has anybody run into this symptom with CM4 at all? Is there a specific patch or change to set up I can make?

Thanks in advance for your help.

check multiple call handling in the hunt group and agent form.

I checked the multiple call-handling on agent id form and all 4 skill groups, and its set to none. Any ideas?

Thanks for your input.

I have seen something similar one time. It ended up being a provider issue. Somehow the incoming call got split onto two channels in the trunk group. Hence, the PBX treated the split channels as two incoming calls.

Seen this happen a couple times in the past and we found that it was due to the caller was on a wireless phone and besides the connection via their own line, their phone was on the same channel as a neighbor and initiated an outbound call on that line as well. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies all, looks like this could be out in the PSTN/cloud somewhere...

This is also easy for a customer to do if they have call 3-way calling on their phone and then happen to place a call and hit the flash button or don't hang up long enough and then dial your number again it will initiate a second call that will end up in your center to 2 different agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back