Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD abandoned calls in CDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

joonaskynstler

Programmer
Dec 12, 2005
EE
My goal is to see abandoned calls wich were made to ACDN.
It means that when somebody calls from city to pbx ACDN and hangs up before the call is answered in PBX CDR doesnt print nothing.
When somebody calls from the sity to SCR DN and hangs up before answering CDR lines are generated were is shown callers number and how long the phone was ringing.

Why there is no CDR record when calling on ACDN?

Is it possible to get CDR record when somebody calls ACDN and hangs up before answering?

CDR YES
INC YES
LAST YES
TTA YES
ABAN YES
CDRB YES
QREC YES
OAL YES
AIA YES
OAN YES
OPD YES
NDP INC 32
CDRX NO
NATL YES

You need a reporting program to give you the statistics for abandoned calls. Even the C1 reports will do it (as horrible as they are). CDR records get generated when a user on the PBX hangs up the call. Is the call going straight to an ACDN or is it going through an auto attendant first? If it is going somewhere else first and gets routed to the ACDN, you might be able to figure out how many calls get routed there vs. how many get answered.

I have cls ABDA and ABAN= yes in my PBX.

From were this reporting program gets information about abandoned acd calls?

I am abel to get abandoned calls in cdr on acd subscribers scr line (key 3) but not when somebody calls acd number (acd line key 0).

Client wants to see who called to acd dn and hanged up so they could call him back when the busyest time is over.

This is not a CDR function. CDR records get generated when there is a connection between the two parties and when the PBX disconnects from a call, a CDR record is generated. Since nothing answered the call on the PBX, no record gets generated. That is why I asked if the ACD call was front ended with an auto attendant, if it was, then a voicemail port at least answered the call and some sort of statistics could be generated that way, and there would be a record of that on the CDR report.

A reporting software such as Symposium would be able to give you the abandoned statistics, because by design, it has this information in it as abandoned calls are an important statistic in a call center. However, unless you were willing to go through a call by call report (very tedious and detailed report), you would still not be able to capture this type of information easily. I would suggest another mechanism to handle high call volume such as giving the callers an opportunity to leave a voicemail. But you would need a Symposium to do this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back