Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accuset 1000 is printing jumbled/blurry images

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhpamski

Technical User
Jul 11, 2007
US
I have been running an Accuset 1000 with Viper 1.9.2 rip for many years without mishap. This week, my film is coming out of several computers, 2 platforms and multiple programs all screwed up. Files are misprinting, blurry and out of position. I feel the problem must be with the Viper software or the computer hosting the rip software so I am defragging, rebuilding desktop, etc. If this doesn't work, I am guessing I have to reinstall the Viper, but I want to make sure I am not missing anything before I take that final step. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

I have a accuset 1200 and I just loaded film and it still gives me an out of media message any suggestions?

If the setup on the 1200 is the same is my 1000, you need to reset your cassette parameters every time you load a new roll of film, otherwise the imagesetter doesn't know you reloaded the film (even though you "loaded" the film physically).

In case anyone ever has the "jumbled Printing" problem I had with my Accuset 1000 ... turned out to be a bad card that installs in the rip computer. Not a hardware problem, not a software problem ... a "firm ware" problem.

I have Agfa accuset 1000 also, lately the film output has double image and funky spacing at random, about the same time that I had installed on the work stattions Adobe CS3, some people said Viper rip 1.9.2 with postscript 2 is the problem. Does anyone else have the same problem? Also, would AGFA Viper RIP run on the OSX machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back