Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accpac upgrade to 5.4 - what with old 5.3 files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wysiwygger

Programmer
Jun 20, 2006
AU
Hi,

I just did an upgrade from Accpac 5.3B to 5.4 and noticed it kept all or almost all files and folders from the previous version 5.3. Even the entries under Add and remove Programs are still there? Is it save to uninstall the 5.3 modules?
I thought the Accpac installer runs an uninstaller prior installing a new version...

Cheers

You can uninstall the 5.3's if you want, except not the 5.3 Workstation setup or System Manager. I usually just ignore them.

Yes, uninstall the 5.3 modules AFTER you have upgraded your data. As tuba said, do not uninstall workstation setup or System Manager, ever.
Accpac is designed in such a way that you could run different versions of the same application at the same time on different companies, that is why the 5.3 applications are not removed when you install a new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back