Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCPAC to Great Plains

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMorey

MIS
Jul 5, 2001
AU
Anyone here migrated from ACCPAC Discovery to GP? I'm looking at such a change at present and I would be interested in opinions from others who have gone down this route.

I have done a few migrations from Accpac to Great Plains (would NOT recommend using the migration tool though). Since you are moving onto a much more flexible accounting package, I would first recommend looking at which type of reports you need, in order to restructure your chart of accounts (can report so much better in GP with a multiple segmented chart). From there, I would then export your GL trial balance, map to new chart and import into GP (you can get temporary reg keys for the use of master record imports). Then export out your customers/vendors, clean up data and import. Then export out your current outstanding receivables and payables, then import into GP. Now you are ready to go live with much cleaner setup than Accpac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back