Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accpac printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanmaninsi

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2002
CA
Due to a program upgrade my Pervasive engine on a computer that has Accapc 5.2 installed was upgraded from 2000i to SQL8, now when the user tries to print out of Accpac they get the following error message:

A4W container caused an invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll at 0167:bff7a1a5

and then Accpac shuts down. Any ideas what this could be?
thanks in advance,
L

Have you opened the reports in Crystal and tried to 'Verify' the database.

Menu: Database|Verify Database

zemp

no I haven't but using a computer that still has the older version of pervasive (2000i) does not produce the problem. Neither did this computer until I upgraded the pervasive engine??

The problem is probably because you changed your engine and it reads the tables in a slightly different manner. ACCPAC has some white papers on printing problems with 5.2. I'm sorry I don't have a link for you but a search of the ACCPAC site should find them.

zemp

I would suggest cleaning out all of your Pervasive and re-installing the engine. Then delete all of the databases links in the Pervasive Control Center and re-add them. Finally re-establish the ODBC DSNs on the client machines. The name of the database and the DSN should be same as your ORGID.

Django

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back