Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCPAC Plus Printing Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProdoMan

Technical User
Nov 14, 2001
CA
Me again,

I was wondering if there was a way to have ACCPAC or DOS change the printing defaults (from print location printer to print to file x, then change again to print to file y)? When I run my macros to print, they all print to the same location (or destination file) unless I manually modify the print location. Since I want to have these macros run at 2am when I am sound asleep, I need the system to automatically modify the print destinations.

Please help,

ProdoMan

You might try setting up alternate print settings by using the /P switch when starting Plus. Try typing plus /? to see the command line options. If I recall, you can call a macro at that point as well to start right after starting the SM - but I'm not sure.

DjangMan

Thanks for the reply, but I am having trouble understanding where I need to type that. I open ACCPAC Plus for DOS through windows...there is no line to enter that command. I exited to DOS prompt through ACCPAC and tried to type what you wrote, but it didn't work either. Please explain.

thanks,

ProdoMan

When you start ACCPAC Plus you are running a program called PLUS.EXE. Your icon might be running a .PIF file called PLUS.PIF (if so you'll need to open the .PIF file in a PIF editor).

PLUS.EXE must reside on the root of the drive it is install on. If your ACCPAC programs are installed on the G: drive then your PLUS.EXE can be found at G:\PLUS.EXE.

Once you've found PLUS.EXE you can type, at the command line, PLUS /? to get the command line options available to you.

DjangMan

THanks for your help DjangMan, I have it working now...it runs in the middle of the night...great stuff!!

ProdoMan

I have printed and posted some batches. The problem is that I have lost the printouts. Is there anyway to print batch listings for batches that have already been posted ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back