Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accpac Performance Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

new2db2

MIS
Oct 17, 2002
US
I have recently had my Accpac system migrated to a new server (PIII Xeon 2.0GHz, 1GB RAM, Raid 5 15000 RPM SCSI, Windows 2000 Server SP3 config.) to try to address speed issues. The server only has Accpac on it! It was on a PIII 850MHz, 512MB, 10,000 RPM SCSI's along with Exchange server. Everything on the old server was slow until we removed Accpac. Accpac is using Pervasive for the db's and is configured to run the exe from the server. The Accpac consultants wanted it this way to save time when changes needed to be made such as service packs. My main problem is the performance. When you try to search anything, it takes an extremely long time to bring up any information. The same holds true for opening batches, etc. We have all of the latest service packs applied. This program is performing terribly. I only have 5-10 users hitting the server at one time. What should I do?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

first thing I would try is some index balancing and setting changes to the pervasive DB engine. i would max out the settings, take all the resource from the server then slowly bring the settings down to a managable level.

regards

e

Hi, What pervasive setting would you like to change ? I put the Accpac recommendation setting !

Hi,

Assuming it is p.sql, max out the seting in the locks and files, the comms requestors, sessions, mkde buffers, memory usage, transaction sort files etc. set it to about half of the maximum, then do the same on the client side. usually gives some level of improvement.

Regards

e

i want to reserect this thread as I have the same problems
bringing up information from a XP machine????

We have only two machines accessing the server both are XP now.

I had the first xp that was upgraded from 98se and found that Accpac was my only problem, and that was just bringING up information when browsing for client data sets. I finally fixed it after trying everything under the SUN. The last thing I did was add NETBUI as a protocal and enable netbois in TCP/ip..
We then updated the other workstation to XP prO and did similar thing to get accpac to work faster but NOGO.

HELPPPPP

Hi,
You still having this problem?

Confirm: You are loading exe from the server (bad bad idea).

Is your server Windows 2000 or similar? Can you run Terminal Server? That will give you the best performance if you can get it running smoothly.

What versions of A4W and PVSW are you running and which modules?

Regards

I was found the same above since 4 years ago.
To using ACCPAC with Pervasive SQL. (bundle)

At that time we found Mcafee is one factor to make the system slow down. Try to stop virus detector on that server.

Second step, Adjust Pervasive parameters. (I think this will not help much)

The best solution for you from now and future.
Kick Exchange Server to new Server or decide to by MS-SQL 2000 Server. The speed quite good when working with ACCPAC.

and the last one is try to install ACCPAC,SQL database in the same server but tune SQL Server by using difference Hard disk
to keep database and log file separate from Windows 2000(OS) and RAID 5 for your safety.

"I hope this help" - feed back any solution
where work if fun,

Hi,

Please also check the communication protocols selected on both the server engine and the client. TCP/IP and SPXII and netbios?

Regards

e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back