Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCPAC LAN Pack - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconMakinWabbit

Programmer
May 27, 2002
CA
Sorry if this is redundant. The search is not working right at the moment.
I am preforming maintenance and prep work at a small company that purchased ACCPAC Advantage Series 5.1a with System manager, GL, A/R with the LAN pack. They are only using it with a single user and the LAN pack should not be necessary.
I am an ACCPAC illiterate and I would like to know if installing it solely on the client should be an issue or do we have to put it on the server with the LAN pack? It will save them having to upgrade their server, which they would not need to do if we can put this on a single workstation.

Go ahead and install it all on a local machine. There should be no problems and the server does not have to be involved at all.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

From 5.1 onwards you have to install a LANpak, even if it is only one user.

The System Manager does not determine the database (P.SQL, etc) anymore - the LANpak does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back