Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

account when domain not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

joblack23

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2008
US
Is there a way to add a domain user when the domain is not available? I have several laptops traveling but at this time i do not know the users. They are part of the domain but most likey they will be logging on at some point. Since they are not connected (no vpn or remote at this time), question is if there is a way to add the user?

thanks

I am totally confused at your question. Are they on the domain or not?
If they are not currently users on the domain, you can add them to the domain if you can get to the domain yourself. Create their account making sure to allow remote access, then when the vpn connects they'll be able to access the domain.
If they are already members of the domain, they will need to connect via vpn before they can connect to your domain.

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Is there a way to add a domain user when the domain is not available?
This doesn't make much sense. Are you saying the domain controller is down or the PC has no means of connecting to the network/domain controller. Re-state your question in a more logical format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back