Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

account name not valid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilpadrino

MIS
Feb 14, 2001
US
I recently inherited a company's network, and the backup server could not see the exchange server. The exchange agent was installed, but when you clicked on the exchange server from the selection page, it wouldn't show anything. When I tried to re-install the agent and the remote backup program onto the exchange server, it stops with the error, "the account name and/or password supplied is not valid". There is a corresponding event in the server's log called "BE Push Install".

However, I tried to install it again, using the exchange server's IP instead of computer name, and it seems to have worked. I have to reboot the exchange server before I'll know for sure, but it didn't give me an error on the installation.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the computer name wouldn't work?

Thanks in advance. Joe.

I have a simlar problem to you. The IP tip didn't work for me. Did this properly install the agent and are you now able to backup your exchange server?

I never updated since I had no responses, but there was a problem with the WINS server. Once I took care of that, everything was fine for the computer name and installation of the agent. So we have been backing up the server for a while now.

gglazer, try the silent install of the Backup Exec Remote Agent if the push install is failing. Here's the technote for it, On the backup server, you'll need the Exchange administrator installed in order to see the Exchange icon in BE for that server (this installs the necessary DLL's for BE to use in communicating with Exchange).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back