Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Account Lookup Crashing Great Plains

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBurcie

Technical User
Sep 10, 2004
US
Environment - Win2k server running Citrix terminal sessions
SQL Server 2000
Great Plains 7.5 Service Pack 5

One of my users discovered a bug today with GP. By doing the following, he, and I can consistantly crash it.

What he is doing is selecting Inquiries - Financial - Summary. This brings him to the Summary inquiry, where he enters an account number (typed or using lookup). Once the periods are displayed for the item, he selects a period and clicks Currency, which brings him to the Multicurrency Summary Inquiry window. At this point, the account number we entered in the previous screen is in the Account Number field.

This is where things go wrong. If he clicks on the lookup and selects a new account it is fine. If he types in a different account number, then clicks the lookup and selects the account from the list and clicks Select, bad things happen. At this point, GP crashes and displays an error message that says:
"The instruction at "0x3c00345a" referenced memory that could not be "read". Click End to terminate Great Plains, or Debug to troubleshoot."
By clicking Debug, you get to view the assembler code behind this, which means nothing to 99.9% of IT personnel. End kills GP, but leaves your session in activity.

I was able to get to the Multicurrency Summary Inquiry directly off the pallate and I can enter partial numbers or lookup, and there is no problem. The problem only occurs when you get to that window through the Summary Inquiry window.

We have done SQL Server traces on this, and it is not showing any deadlocks or failed processes. We have been able to replicate this consistently in live over Citrix, or running directly on a desktop.

Has anybody ever run into this error on this window before?

Thanks

Bruce Sutherland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back