Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Account Lock Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSA2000

MIS
Sep 17, 2001
US
I have an annoying problem. Everyday around 3:30ish, all users logged on to the network will lose their connection to the network. They will be working on a file or a network application, and receive an error that their connection is not available. If they restart their computer, they are reconnected and all appears fine. I've checked the workstation's event viewers and there are no entries, as well as the server's event viewer. This is not a password issue, because the users do not have rights to change their password. I have also checked the processes that are running on the server, during this time and nothing looks unusual. There are no TSRs running on the server or workstations. I am at a loss as to what is going on.

This is a Windows 2003 server, with 1 DC and mapped drives. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you check with the network admin? it could be something to do with the switches!

Regards,
Khalid

I will check to see how often it releases and renews. It will take me a few days. I will report back on what I find. Thanks.

I checked the DHCP lease time and it was set for every hour. I changed it to every 12 hours. An hour later I was disconnected from the network and had to reboot. I found the following error on the server's event viewer: "Userenv (1053) Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted). Group policy processing aborted." For what I can find, it may have something to do with DNS, however, everything looks okay. Any ideas?

in your DHCP address settings, are your DNS server entries correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back