Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accidentally changed Register settings (?) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrina11

Technical User
Apr 30, 2011
Right after I had attempted to create macro In Excel XP, when I tried to type "o " I get "6" instead and when I tried to type “I”, I get “5” instead (in WoRD and even Url).Os-Vista

What I did wrong? How can I fix it?

Would really appreciate for your help as I am unable to do anything!

If you're using a laptop, you've likely turned on the numeric pad. Each laptop is different so you'll have to check your user manual to find out how to undo it. It's usually a combination of the Fn key and another key.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Agree with cmeagan656. On my Lenovo it is Fn+ScrLk button, and if you look closely at the keys, on the I is a small 5, and so on. Or use any small keyboard of laptop style, that doesn't have a numeric pad on the right side.

rclarke250thank you so much. It was a combination of Fn + F11 because in order to get MacroRecorder I supposed to press Alt + F11 and probably accidentally took another accord

Well, Cmeagan had it first, so Star for them also. I was just agreeing, and giving examples, but glad you fixed it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back