Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing webpage redirects me to DSL modem setup page! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

valicon

MIS
Sep 26, 2000
US
I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 V2 with firmware of 2/03. I have Earthlink DSL which is plugged into the WAN port of the Linksys router. On my private LAN I have 2 PC's both of which have internet access. On one PC I am running IIS and have a site hosted. I have purchased a static IP from Earthlink also. When I try to access the site that I am hosting or the IP address from one of the 2 PC's on my LAN, I get redirected to the Earthlink DSL Modem setup page! However I can access my website from any computer outside of my private network, therefore I think it may be either a DNS or routing issue. I have also tried this with my Linux box and the same result with Apache. I have the Linksys setup to obtain a IP dynamically,and I have DHCP enabled on the Linksys. I have tried to set the Linksys to use a static IP for WAN but I cannot get a connection that way. I have entered the DNS servers that Earthlink has provided and still to no avail. Anyone ever see this before? I have had a few DSL providers and never have run into this issue before! Any help or suggestions would be great!

Your router does not do reverse-forwards.

Use the local LAN-side IP address from your LAN clients to access the website.

I have never had a problem with reverse forwards before...What exactly do I need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back