Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accessing voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgjw

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
US
on extension 10 i press left intercom 777 and it is busy. when i call my phone number it rings once and says 'transfering to the receptionist' then it rings 4 times and an old message comes on and says 'thank you for calling (company name) to reach this guy press *812 to reach that guy press *813 and so on. if i press *812 that extension will ring. if i press nothing it cycles back to 'transfering to the receptionist' rings 4 times and again 'transfering to the receptionist' i need to know how to get in and change the greeting to 'thank you for calling ME' and also how to get into each extension's mailbox. if you need to know what system i have you can look at another thread in this list of questions called 'flashing system' with my name on it

You don't have the correct ports programmed into Hunt Group No. 7.

Once you have determined them, #505-7-XX-1 for each port.(Where XX is the Extension Number of the port)

Record an Automated Attendant Prompt, something like "Thank you for calling XYZ Company. For Joe Schmoe, press 10, for ... press ..., etc.".

Record your own mailbox's greeting "Hi, this is Joe Schmoe. Leave me a message at the tone."

Assign the lines to be answered by the Automated Attendant: #206-7-NN-1 where NN is the line number.

Give your Extension Auto Voice Mail Cover so its calls cover to Voice Mail: #310-XX-1 where XX is the extension number.

By looking at your other thread, it looks like your Voice Mail is in Slot 4 (which is the 5th slot or the far right one), so the voice mail ports would be 46 and 47 for a 2-port system, or 44, 45, 46 and 47 for a 4-port system.

From Ext. 10,
FEATURE 00
LEFT INTERCOM button TWICE
#505-7-XX-1 (where XX is the Extension Number of the Voice Mail Port. Repeat for each port)
#306-XX-10 (where XX is the Extension Number of the Voice Mail Port. Repeat for each port)
FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back