Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing SQL Server BCP through VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

calahans

Programmer
Jun 14, 1999
IE
Hi,<br>
<br>
I'm looking for help on a program to use sql servers bcp function in a visual environment. I have got as far as accessing the bcp parameters through SQL-DMO/SQL-OLE, but thats as far as I can get. <br>
<br>
I'm using VB6 but, for the moment, am flexible as to the SQL Server version, from 6 to 7 will do.<br>
<br>
Any help would be appreciated<br>
<br>
C<br>

From what I remember, you can make API calls to SQL Server's DB-LIBRARY from VB. BCP can be invoked via DB-LIBRARY.<br>
<br>
Also, I think there is a "VBSQL" control that is a visual interface to DB-LIBRARY. Look-up DB-LIBRARY & VBSQL in Books On-Line. <br>
<br>
Does anybody know where the VBSQL OCX comes from? Does it ship with SQL Server? I found a VBSQL.VBX on my machine that must have been installed with VB5.

I found the following on the microsoft web site:<br>
<br>
How do I get VBSQL.OCX?<br>
<br>
VBSQL.OCX allows you to write to Microsoft SQL Server's DBLibrary commands from Microsoft Visual Basic and other applications that can take advantage of 32bit OLE controls. It is available via the following:<br>
<br>
The Microsoft SQL Programmers Toolkit (PTK), included with Microsoft SQL Workstation 6.5. The Programmers Toolkit includes VBSQL.OCX as well as hard-copy documentation. <br>
<br>
The Microsoft Developers Network (MSDN) Professional Subscription or higher includes the BackOffice 2.0 SDK which contains the VBSQL.OCX.<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back