Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accessing shares on windows 2000 server DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

crows27

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
US
i'm sharing out a folder from a DC and unable to access it from the network. I get error 71 from net use and request not accepted by the network from the map network drive dialog box.

Share had permissions set for administrators and domain users.

I can access from another w2k server but not the 98 clients. I'm not getting this problem when accessing shares on the w2k file server.

Has this occurred to anyone else?

ok problem solved. The culprit: Licensing Manager.
Even though i had cleared out old entries referencing programs not used anymore following an upgrade to w2k and i switched to using per seat licensing there was per server licensing access listed. I added the licenses to per server and can now access the shares.

If anyone knows how to remove the Per Server reference please let me know.

Thanks.

you have to re-install the server with the per seat option instead. this is the only way from what i have been taught at mcse school.

that's what i thought. I guess when NT was setup they installed with per server and during the upgrade it stayed. You can go from per client to per server but not back right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back