Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Remote Desk Top (SBS/2003) from WEB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danieljon

MIS
Oct 7, 2005
GB
Hi All
Can any one tell me where I'm going wrong.
Internally I can use remote desk top with no problem.
When trying externally.. I can use "Outlook WEB Access"
but not the "Remote Desktop" I get a VBScritp "Remote Desktop Disconnected" client could not connect.....

My only guess right now is the port on my router can any one confirm what port I need for RDTop ?

Many Thanks

D

Yep its done - Still Not Working
I have a LinkSys WAG54G and I've allowed 3389 in SinglePort Forwarding , Port Range Forwarding & Port Triggering
TCPIP - TCP & UDP.

Any Other Ideas ?

A couple of questions: What is the structure of the network? T1/router, DSL, any firewall, etc. Are you NATing? Using VPN? DHCP? If it's a simple home network using a DSL connection, static IP addresses inside with just the wireless router inside, can you telnet to the router IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3389?

SBS RemoteWebWorkplace is different than Remote Desktop Client.

You'll need ports 80 (http), 443 (SSL), and 4125 (what SBS RWW uses for Remote Desktop functionality) open and forwarded at your firewall.

RWW doesn't use the TS port of 3389 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back