Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing PTSN through other BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillP3

Technical User
Jul 12, 2010
CA
Hi,

I'm new to BCMs and am hoping for a bit of help. I have two BCM50s, I am able to call extensions on one from the other but I am unable to figure out how to access one BCM's local PTSN from the other one. I have voip trunks on both ends but no MCDN licenses.

I have the routing table setup as such (at both ends)
Dest. Code 9 - absorbs all - uses pool A for local calls
Dest. Code 8A - absorbs 1 - uses BlocA (private)
Dest. Code 7A - absorbs 1 - uses BlocA (public)

target line's public received numbers are set to the extension they are connected to. ie so the target line that points to ext. 221 has its public received number as 221. So when I dial 81-221, it absorbs 8 and 1221 gets sent to the other BCM, 1 identifies the BCM and 221 connects to the target line (is this correct?)

My understanding for accessing the other BCMs PTSN is you need to access the line pool similarly to how you would access the target lines so if the line pool's extension is 545, so the BCM would need to receive something like 1545, 1 identifying the BCM and 545 telling it to connect pool A. This does not seem to be working right now though

I will be adding in other BCM50s later so the goal is to have 8A(A being the BCMs identifying number) used to call extensions at other BCMs, and 7A used to access other BCMs PTSN. ie so 81-221 would access ext.221 at BCM 1, and 71 would access BCM 1's PTSN.

currently accessing ext. with 8A works, but local PTSN with 7A does not work and I'm wondering why

Remote Access package 01 have access to pool A and blocA and the lines use remote package 01, private network setting is none

If anyone can help or point out anything I'm not fully understanding that would be very much appreciated

Can anyone help? I'm having a lot of trouble with this

First is open the BCM monitor for each site and see what digits are getting thru. Then you can adjust the asorb digit. Plus set the destination digits in the remote gateway.

youll also need to setup the remote access package at the host site for gateway to the pstn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back