Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing PIX 515E PDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

arie01

Technical User
Nov 24, 2003
CA
Hello there,

I'm new to Cisco PIX and I just configured one 515E (almost) from scratch.. My first step was to issue the "write erase" command and the "ca zeroize rsa". I then assigned new enable password, IP and net addresses, host and domain names, etc. Then I managed to enable SSH and load a PDM image to the device. The version of PDM I was able to find on the device's CD was 3.0(2). I then installed Java on my workstation, start IE and pointed it to
The first problem I encountered is that even though I go through the process of installing the certificate in the Trusted Root store, it keeps telling me that it is not secure to continue to go to this site. It just doesn't want to work!

The second issue is that it asks me to enter a username and password. I leave the username field blank and I enter the enable password. It goes through and open a new window that warns me about the certificate again, I click continue and it says "Loading PIX Device Manager. Please Wait..." (hour glass) and it pops up another Java window titled Authentication Required. In this new window I again leave the Username field blank and in the password I enter the enable password. It accepts it but PDM doesn't load. It stays on the "Loading PIX Device Manager. Please Wait..." with hour glass forever.

I realize that I did something wrong, but I have no idea what. Could someone point me to the right direction so I can start configuring my PIX?

Thank you,
Arie

Hi Brent,

Yeah, I was running the latest version of Java and of course it didn't want to connect. I then moved to XP with Java version 1.4.2 and it worked like a charm.

Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back