Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing option 11c with laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgiaman

Technical User
May 26, 2003
US
Does anyone know how to configure a laptop to access a option 11c using a NTBK48AA cable? Can't even get Garbage right now!!!!

I'm plugged in and I'm on port 0.

I'm using my NULL Modem Eliminator connected to Port 0 and then I'm stepping down from DB25 to DB9 to go to the back of the laptop.
"This is where I think the connectivity problem is"

I'm using Hyperterminal with Windows XP and only at 1200 Baud with 8 none and 1.

I'm set for 1200 baud on my SSC Dip switch.

Is there a particular set of pinouts that needs to be adhered to when you go from DB25 to DB9 Converstion on the Device end?

Thanks!!!

You should try swapping pins 2 and 3 on the RS232 connection. Also, try shorting pin 6 to pin 20 if the 2-3 swap doesn't work. Port 0 on some option 11's needs to have DSR asserted for the UART to send characters over the line. If you connect to port 1, you may have better results, since it only has pins 2, 3, and 7 connected (no DSR/DTR).

I crossed pins 2 and 3 On TTY port 0 and it came right up.

Many Thanks!!!!!!

Steve B

Negitive, you shouldn't need anything more than a straight thru 9 to 25 AT cable and a null Modem adapter or a null cable itself without an adapter. Just make sure you have an AT cable and not an XT. Also, I'm not positive but I think I remember hearing that if you change the baud rate on the switch you have to boot the switch for the change to take (or at least poke it in the eye) . I hope this helps.

P.S. Buy ProComm Plus

Jaye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back