Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing N value in TopN report

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFinch

Programmer
Jun 16, 2000
US
I would like to print the &quot;N&quot; number with a TopN report, something like this:<br><br>1 Vanilla<br>2 Chocolate<br>3 Strawberry<br><br>without hard coding the text as text fields.&nbsp;&nbsp;I can't seem to find any documentation that evens hints that it might be a built in value.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, if anyone can recommend a good reference text, I would appreciate it a lot.

In version 8.0, click on Insert / Formula Fields. Expand the Special Fields section by clicking on the + or by double-clicking on &quot;Special Fields&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;One of the options is &quot;Group Number&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;Drag this onto the report into the Group Header section.&nbsp;&nbsp;This will print the ranking number of the group as you suggest above. To find the documentation on this, go to the Index tab of Help and type in &quot;Group Number Field, using&quot;, then click on &quot;Display.&quot;<br><br>Hope This Helps

Thank you.&nbsp;&nbsp;That did it.<br><br>Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back