Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing MICROS 3700 DB.... need to find micros or dba password to make the necessary changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff GENS

Technical User
Dec 13, 2017
CA
thread693-1753234
I've been going through a lot of threads, but all I'v seen as a solution is using the getdba1.exe utility.

For reference, I have a client who has 33,214 checks that are not purged. I have gone through all the normal steps and it now seems I have to manually delete the rows from the database.

Wildbar, the user, has not only posted fantastic tips, but also had a link to the file some years ago. I'm new to tek-tips and don't know how to direct message, or I would reach out directly.

Running Micros 3700 5.2 - it appears that someone had logged in around February of last year and removed the purgehistory sequence from the end of day. I have tried to manually purge in the db, but have had no success.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back