Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing local files with Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpgrim

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
US
When the citrix client is first installed and configured, you are asked which type of access you want (for the local client drives)when logging in. Usually Full, Read, and None. Originally we selected "None" and to "never ask me again for this application". Now we want access to the local "Client C:" drive. How can I change this to "allow access" after I originally selected "No access". I've checked the client settings and settings in the Citrix Program neighborhood and couldn't find anything related to this.

jpgrim,
Here is what you need to do.
1. Launch a publish applicaiton from the workstation.
2. Double-click the Program Neighborhood Icon on the system tray (this will bring up the connection center)
3. Once the connection Center is up, you can click the "Security" button on the right hand side of the screen.
4. Here you will be able to choose the security access from the Citrix server to the client device.

There is an actual security file that is located on either the root drive under the "winnt"/"windows" directory but I can't remember the name.
Once you delete this file, the security prompt should fire up when you launch the published app.

Hope this helps.

Thank You, This worked great. I also found the file and settings for the change:

The file should be in the %windir% directory name webica.ini.
Contents of the file =
[Access]
CurrentConnection=172.16.0.13
172.16.0.13=405
GlobalSecurityAccess=405

405 means give the server Full Access.
404 is Read Access.
403 is No Access.
-1 means no security setting is configured.

Change the number to whichever access you want and click save. The
change will take place the next time they log into Citrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back