Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accessing job log in post job script

Status
Not open for further replies.

pluscarden

Programmer
Jan 26, 2004
GB
I want to be able to run a Post Job script that parses the job log for success/failure and then reports the findings to another application (for further processing).

The only problem is I need access to the job log from within my script but am not sure how to achieve this. I guess just knowing the job ID would be sufficient since I would be able to formulate a file name (e.g. J0000nnn.LOG) and go get the job log myself. But having the job log automatically passed to my script would be even better!

I know that you can have Arcserve include the job log in an e-mail/trouble ticket context but how to do this with regard to a post job script I do not know.

Does anyone know of any way I can get hold of the job ID in my script (is there some macro that holds it for example?)or have Arcserve pass the job log to it?

Thanks in advance

Alert is configured in the backup job itself - look at the alert tab in global backup options in your backup job - you can set it up there. Pre/post is unrelated here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back