Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

telebofh

ISP
Oct 10, 2002
US
Excuse my ignorance :) but I just got another site with my hosting company and this time I went with windows. I know how to setup permission with unix but I am not familiar with accessing windows. The server is running IIS 5.0. Can anybody give me a little leadway on where to start so that I can access this?

I appreciate any help.

First, it doesn't matter what OS you have there. There are basic design principles. What kind of access do you want? Security? Require authentication? SSL? If it is SSL what Certification Authority do you plan to use?
One it is clear what you have to show to users, how many categories of users you could have, then you can go to o think about rights in NTFS too.
So, annswering to these question then combining with the WebServer features and possibilities that you will use you will have the answer. Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, soon MCSE2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back