Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing IE form elements from vb

Status
Not open for further replies.

onetomany

Programmer
May 15, 2000
US
I am looking to fill in information on a web application from a database. The web application is not something that I have created or have control over. I would like the vb application to function like AI cyberforms (which fills in your info on the forms of websites that you are visiting)one of those application that can remember. I am having trouble getting started. Does anyone know how this is done or have any possible methods for accomplishing this.

is this what your looking for?

<input type=&quot;text&quot; value=&quot;<%=someVariable%>&quot;>

whatever the vlaue of someVariable is withh be what is displayed in the text field.

thanks for responding. That is not exactly what I am looking for. I think my question was not very clear.

I am looking to fill in the text fields of a web application that was written by third party through a vb application that I will write.I cannot edit the ASP pages. I basically want to simulate a user typing in data but do it with a VB app.

It will function similarly to those programs that remeber your address and contact info etc and will fill it in on the forms of whatever website you are visiting. These windows applications are seperate from IE.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back