Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accessing exchange tasks and calender

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellDonders

Programmer
Jun 10, 2001
GB
Hi,

I work in an organisation that uses exchange server for all email, and also maintains tasks lists and calender via outlook/exchange.

I am a developer responsible for a portal for the organisation and one of the things I would like to do is display the users current tasks/calender events (and maybe even new email messages) when they login to the portal.

I believe using vb.net this is possible, and of course the wonderful example of the web based version of outlook proves it is possible.

I am sure this has been done many times before but is a new venture for myself and if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to start it would be appreciated.

To narrow it down to a question - how can i used vb.net to access the data stored in exchange server ?

Thanks,

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back