Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Exchange Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusO

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2001
AU
Hello,

My problem:
I am building a Windows service in vb.net and I would like to connect to the local Exchange Server 2000 and read e-mails as well as move them to another folder for a specified user.

Does anyone know how to do this? All code I find results in Outlook being launched which is not my intention. I would like to connect directly to the Exchange Server without involving Outlook.

Regards,
Marcus

To do this i use a component called WebDAV Exchange( although this functionality can be done fairly easily without it (always nice to have something to make life a little easier)

WebDAV can be used to do the functionality you require without the component - its essentially an XML based way of sending requests to the Exchange Server...

A good tutorial can be found here but i would suggest you check out the component mentioned above as well.

Thanks for that. I will check out those two possibilities. I might try WebDAD first since I am not very familiar with XML.

/Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back