Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Delphi ActiveX Control from HTML/Javascript

Status
Not open for further replies.

djjd47130

Programmer
Nov 1, 2010
US
I started fiddling around with building a Windows Desktop Gadget. It's essentially HTML with all the HTML stuff like CSS, JS, XML, and all that jazz. I've started an ActiveX form (TActiveForm) to be wrapped in a desktop gadget. However, I'm having some troubles.

First of all, when the gadget closes (thus the ActiveX component being destroyed), the whole gadget controller crashes. I can't debug it either, plus I doubt debugging would do the trick. It's nothing even on the form, fresh, new, just 1 label.

When pointing the mouse over the control, it needs to somehow send a mouse message to the gadget, and make it recognize when it needs to take focus. Otherwise, I have a temporary background behind it in the HTML to catch the mouse movement.

I've seen plenty of examples of gadgets online, but very few with ActiveX. I need to know how to make my form readable by javascript. That is all.

JD Solutions

In other words, how do I add a new property to an already generated TActiveForm to be able to interface with it? (Not just Javascript, but in general)

For example, if I've already converted a component to an ActiveX component, then how do I add a new published property which can be accessed?

JD Solutions

I've got it figured out with a couple days of research. I think the problem I can't find help is because I'm probably the only person trying to build an ActiveX control using Delphi to import into a Gadget (in HTML). I'm still experimenting with the subject, and have a good sample going. I hope to implement my chat client component as an ActiveX control and wrap that into HTML/Javascript. Man, I need the new Delphi XE2.

JD Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back