Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Data from a diferent table

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmaGrama

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
BR
Hi,

I am new to M. Access and VB. My question is, I set a form to a table (or query) in its properties. Though sometimes I need to access a field in a different table, how do I do it programming wise? How do I get a data from a table that is not set as the "main" table.

Thanks!

What's the basis of your form? Under what circumstances would you need to access a table/query other than the one the form is based upon? You're not being very clear.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Thanks for the response Jim.

Let me try to be a little more clear. I have the main form for my db. When I click on an object in the main form, another form pops up. Upon what I do in this child form, it should change the appearence of the main form. That is where my problem is. I don't know how to interact with both forms alltogether.

In my case, my main form is filled with objects representing hotel rooms. when you click on it, a Guest form comes up (either blank if room is empty, or filled if romm is ocupied). I am not sure how to tell my main form if the room is empty, ocupied, in maintance or to be clean upon the user actions in the child form.

Writting this kinda got things more clear in my head. Let me think about it more. Also let me know if you got any suggestion.

C.

UmaGrama

Follow this thread to a web site hosted by one of the Tek-Tip gurus, Bill Powers.

thread702-610639 has a great hotel reservation database that can help you in what you're doing.

Hope this helps.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back