Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing data cd content

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeindy

Programmer
Jan 14, 2003
SE
Hi,

I have trouble finding a data cd's content e.g files and directories. I've looked everywhere but I can't find any stright forward information.

All I want to do is look for mp3 files in a datacd. doesn't matter where they are in the heriarchy just I know their location or reference.

Anybody know a code tip or reference?

Cheers a million

indy

I assume the best thing to do is to search all mounted drives... Like the mount command with the -l switch (it's been a while) And then just spider down each file system. I am sure there is a C++ command that will return the mounted drives, though I don't what it is... Hope this helps...

Does it have to be C++? A simple shell script would be able to do it easily. //Daniel

Jstreich & Daniel:

Well, I'm developing a cd car stereo in c++. I have a laptop that both the floppy and hard disk controller has crashed. Only boot scenario is cd boot. I thouht I get one of those linux cd boots and set my application in initrc (or whatever) and viola it plays.

So the question to Jstreich and Daniel, can I just open a FILE in RAM and get the output from the script copied there?

I do whatever works...

If it is possible with shell script, how do you code it? I haven't much knowledge in shell scripts...

thanks in advance

Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back