Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing bridge: one laptop can, the other can't

Status
Not open for further replies.

followtheboat

Programmer
Nov 29, 2008
IN
OK, this must have something to do with changing various network settings. When I originally set up my bridge, which I accidentally set to router, I did so on laptop #1. All ok until after an hour when #1 stopped allowing access to the router's IP. Sometimes the page would say 'connecting' or 'waiting' but it would always time out.

I booted up laptop #2, which hasn't seen the light of day for a while. I successfully managed to hit the router/brdige IP address and change the setting to Client Router. This changes the IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.123.1.

I go back to laptop #1 thinking the changes I've made would allow me to hit the router again, but I still have the same symptoms.

Why can I not hit the IP address with laptop #1? How do I reset all the network settings? I've tried a couple of downloads but this didn't do anything. I've even done a system restore but this yielded nothing either.

Any help much appreciated.

Windows XP SP3

[] []
tales [not just] from the high seas

If you set the 2610 to client router and you say it changed the IP address, you will now need both computers set to dynamic IP addressing.
By default the 2610 from factory settings in client router mode will start handing out IP addresses in the 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200 range.If you can still access the 2610 go to the LAN section and see what IP range it is set to hand out.
If the LAN is set to server then the computers should have a dynamic IP (obtain an IP automatically)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back